• ½ pound uncooked rigatoni
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ¼ pound ground Italian sausage
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• ¼ cup finely chopped onions
• ¼ cup beef broth or red wine
• 1 can petite diced tomatoes
• 1 8-ounce can tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
• 1 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add garlic and onions. Sauté for about 2 minutes, just until the onions are translucent.
4. Add ground sausage to skillet and stir until fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
5. Add beef broth/red wine and scrap browned sausage bits off the bottom of skillet.
6. Add tomatoes and tomato paste, stir all ingredients well, turn heat down to low-medium and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
7. Add cooked pasta and ¼ cup reserved pasta water to the skillet and stir all ingredients until the pasta is coated with the sauce. If needed add more reserve water to create a sauce consistency to your liking.
8. Remove from heat. Sprinkle Parsley and/or cheese just before serving
• Cut back on either the tomatoes or the tomato paste, unless you are a huge fan of tomato sauce.
• Add additional sausage
*Recipe originally came from http://www.urbanblisslife.com